In terms of streaming the RX-A1030 has DLNA and Spotify Connect, and can stream from your mobile by using Yamaha's own Music Play feature. It is reminiscent of AirPlay but is totally uncompressed while AirPlay uses lossless compression during transmission. AirPlay is also available, for those who prefer to use it.
Remote app is now available for Apple, Android and Windows Phone, plus a version that is optimized for tablets running iOS or Android.
With the YPAO room correction, you can select whether you want to measure at one or more positions in the room. It is easy to use and the receiver also tells you if you have connected the speakers wrong.
The OSD is clear with nice clean graphics. With the easy-to-use mobile app, you can put away the remote control for good. One detail that improves the usability is the SCENE buttons that can be programmed to execute a series of commands in sequence (macros), for example, choose BD player as input, switch to the correct surround mode and turn on the TV - all with a single button.
The RX-A1030 have so-called ‘presence channels’, which means that an extra pair of speakers are set high up on the wall at the front or rear, as an alternative to the extra pair of rear speakers in a 7.1 system. Yamaha is not alone using this, but to my ears they have the most realistic height encoding.
‘Iron Man 3‘ is a spectacular experience on Blu-ray. The dialogue is great and rich, with clear articulation. The soundstage is massive and there is plenty of power. The intense scenes, like when Tony Stark’s house is bombarded by helicopters, the Yamaha sounds less stressed than both Onkyo and Pioneer. The power is on par with the Harman/Kardon, but with a larger soundstage and a more resolved bass. Muscle strength does not quite reach up to the NAD, but on the other hand, the NAD doesn´t have Yamaha’s transparency in the harmonics.
Classic jazz sounds very good too. The resolution of the harmonics seem better than the other receivers we´ve tested, and the piano rings beautifully and different voices are distinguished. The bass sounds natural, with good power. This means that the receiver is well suited to both rhythmic rock and more acoustic tones.
Pure tonally the RX-A1030 pulls in the rich direction, while Pioneer is more neutral and resolved in the midrange. Yamaha, however, is more resolved in the treble and sounds even more entertaining with action movies and rock. Overall, we think that this is the one of the best home theater receivers in this price range.
The RX-A1030 paints a large and seamless soundscape that surrounds the listener completely. With movies, the sound is powerful and massive, with fine resolution in the low frequency range and the higher harmonics. The dialogue is solid, rich and well articulated.
With both the height channels, and with a traditional 7.1 system, we think that Yamaha does the best job in the home theater. It sounds awesome and natural at the same time. Music in surround and stereo sounds very good too. Yamaha doesn´t have the same transparency in the midrange as Pioneer, but more warmth and fullness - without toppling over towards the Harman/Kardon's sprawlyness. The RX-A1030 is a very successful compromise.
In addition, the Yamaha RX-A1030 is easy to use, especially with the remote app on the iPad. And with Music Play and AirPlay streaming is like a dance. Highly recommended!
GET IT ON eBay!
- Current Price: $500.00
- Ends: Feb 8, 2017 17:23:55 CET
- Current Price: $454.49
- Ends: Jan 27, 2017 15:56:23 CET
- Current Price: $99.99
- Ends: Jan 30, 2017 4:30:19 CET
- IN ThE bOX
- AVENTAGE AV receivers: Designed to deliver the highest levels of audio performance
- Aluminum front panel offers visual and aural benefits
- Anti-Resonance Technology (A.R.T. Wedge) helps to ensure that vibrations do not affect sound quality
- Symmetrical power amp layout and rigid chassis with additional bottom frames
- ESS Technology ES9006 SABRE™ Premier Audio DAC produces professional quality digital audio
- 7 channel powerful surround sound and full discrete amp configuration
- 120 W per channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9% THD, 1 ch driven)
- 110 W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2 ch driven)
- Full HD video and audio from MHL supported mobile phones and portable devices
- Network functions such as AirPlay®, Pandora® and Rhapsody® music streaming service
- AV Controller App for operating various functions from a smartphone or tablet
- FLAC or WAV 192 kHz/24-bit audio playback
- HDMI zone switching allows different HD audio/video source playback in different rooms
- HDMI: 8 inputs (1 on front )/2 outputs with 3D and Audio Return Channel
- Ultra HD (4K) pass-through and upscaling
- YPAO R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) sound optimization with multi-point measurement
- Dialogue Lift and Dialogue Level Adjustment for natural dialogue and vocals
- HD Radio™
- Versatile zone control such as Zone 2 on/off, Zone 2 video assign and Party Mode
- Advanced multi-language GUI on-screen display with album art
- ECO mode operation for about 20 percent less power consumption
|Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven)||120 W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD)|
|Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven)||110 W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD)|
|Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms)||135 / 165 / 210 / 280 W|
|Surround Sound Processing||CINEMA DSP||Yes (3D)|
|Dialog Level Adjustment||Yes|
|Virtual Presence Speaker||Yes|
|Dialogue Lift||Yes (no presence speakers required)|
|SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP||Yes|
|Dolby Digital Plus||Yes|
|Dolby Pro Logic IIx||Yes|
|DTS-HD Master Audio||Yes|
|Audio Features||Pure Direct||Yes (with video on mode)|
|Compressed Music Enhancer||Yes|
|YPAO multi-point measurement||Yes (multipoint)|
|Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control)||Yes|
|Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting||Yes|
|Audio Delay||Yes (0-500 ms)|
|192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels||Yes (ESS Technology ES9006 SABRE™ Premier Audio DAC)|
|Video Features||4K Ultra HD Pass-through and upscaling||Yes (60p / YCbCr 4:2:0)|
|HDMI 3D pass-through||Yes|
|HDMI Audio Return Channel||Yes|
|HDMI upscaling||Yes (analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)|
|Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync||Yes|
|Extensive Connection||HDMI Input/Output||8 (1 front) / 2 (assignable for zone)|
|HDMI CEC||Yes (SCENE, device control)|
|Extensive Connection||USB Input||iPod® / iPhone® / iPad®, USB memory, portable audio player (MP3, WMA, AAC up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, FLAC / WAV up to 192 kHz / 24-bit)|
|Network Port||Yes (AirPlay, Pandora®, Rhapsody®, DLNA® 1.5, vTuner)|
|Extensive Connection||Front AV Input||HDMI (MHL support), USB, analog audio, optical, composite|
|Extensive Connection||Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical||4 (1 front) / 1|
|Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial||3 / 0|
|Analog Audio Input/Output||10 (1 front) / 1|
|Component Video Input/Output||4 / 1|
|S-Video Input/Output||4 / 1|
|Composite Video Input/Output||5 (1 front) / 1|
|Tuner Section||FM/AM Tuner||Yes|
|HD Radio Compatibility||Yes|
|User Interface||On-screen display||Graphical user interface|
|SCENE||SCENE PLUS (12 sets)|
|App Control||Yes (iPhone / iPad, Android™ phone / tablet, Kindle Fire™)|
|Zone Control||Zone HDMI||Yes (HDMI® zone switching)|
|User Interface||Web Browser Control||Yes|
|Remote Control Unit||Yes (Preset)|
|Zone Control||Zone 2 Audio Output||HDMI / Pre out|
|Powered Zone||Zone 2|
|Zone Video Output||HDMI / Component / S-video / Composite|
|Zone B Output||HDMI|
|+12V Trigger Output||Yes (2)|
|Remote (IR) Input/Output||1 / 1|
|General||Standby Power Consumption (IR only)||≤0.3 W|
|Auto Power Standby||Yes|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17-1/8” x 7-1/8” x 17”|
|Detachable Power Cord||Yes|
CD-ROM (Owner's Manual)
Easy Setup Guide