The Esquire really stands out from the crowd with its unusual shape and a design that allows it to not be ashamed of itself in an exclusive briefcase. They also include a case with the same luxurious feel. The stable metal grille on the front and the rear leather is framed by elegant aluminum. The cabinet is really reassuringly solid and oozes quality. In addition to black and white it can be found in sober brown. The charger can be used to recharge a mobile and tablet simultaneously as the speaker.
That it´s suitable for businessmen shows in that it´s not just a speakerphone, but also a conference phone with microphones placed around its edges. The top has large buttons to adjust volume and control playback or phone calls. If you have a mobile phone with NFC it´s enough to place it at the back to connect them using Bluetooth. If you want to connect other audio sources there´s also a standard 3.5 mm connector.
Considering how much effort is spent on the design and the non-traditional format, I had no great expectations for the sound. But even here the Esquire surprised me. I started soft with acoustic music and singing which sounded open and present. And billboard music sounded really catchy and snappy. Not even when I tried to push it with heavy rock and electronic music with deep drums did it fold. One should certainly not try to turn up the volume to max but at reasonable levels it impresses.
For those who prefer understated elegance instead of screaming colors and exciting materials, Harman Kardon's Esquire is a welcome alternative. With materials like aluminum and leather it need not be ashamed of itself. And on the trip it even works as a conference phone. It impresses with its controlled sound and its ability to cope with many musical styles. It is no party speaker, but for its target audience is quite amazing.
GET IT ON eBay!
- Current Price: $101.78
- Ends: Jan 23, 2018 13:43:55 CET
- Current Price: $69.99
- Ends: Feb 14, 2018 22:28:08 CET
- IN ThE bOX
Portable, conference phone system
Hi-fi Harman Kardon sound
Wireless Bluetooth® connectivity
Portable, dual-microphone system
Smart orientation detection
• Transducers: 2 x 45mm (1.75”)
• Amplifier power: 2 x 10 Watts
• Frequency response: 80-22kHz
• Signal-to-noise ratio: 80dB
• Battery type: Li-on 7.4V/4000mA
• Input connections: Aux-in, Bluetooth®
• Listening time on battery power: up to 10 hours
• Battery charge time: 5 Hours
• Dimensions: 147(W) x 147(H) x 46.5(D)mm.
• Bluetooth® transmitter frequency range: 2.402GHz~2.480GHz
• Bluetooth® transmitter power: 0~4dBm
• Bluetooth® transmitter modulation: GFSK, 8DPSK, π/4DQPSK
- 1 Harman Kardon Esquire wireless speaker/conferencing system
- 1 3-port USB adapter
- Quick-start guide
- 1 Carrying pouch
- 1 USB cable