The JBL sound bar has only one optical digital input and an analog 3.5-millimeter mini-jack input. And Bluetooth. The width of 35,5 inches looks prettiest when paired with a 40 to 50 inch TV.
JBL SB200 has a switch that selects between wall mount or bench placement. Setting it to bench placement compensates with a little more bass. Using the small remote control and selecting the "surround sound" mode, the timbre sounds a bit odd, despite a great sense of space, with lacking midrange which affects voices and lessen dynamics. No, ignore the surround feature!
Although this JBL has smaller dimensions than the largest sound bars, it delivers a pretty good sound pressure in the dialogs and movies gives an entirely different feeling than from regular TV.
It is noticeable that there is no built-in subwoofer, but it is possible to press a Bass button on the remote to get more fullness. It works fine with movies but personally I think that the bass is too pompous and unnatural for it to fit with music.
JBL SB200 engage with movies thanks to a great dynamic contrast and the ability to play really loud. Music also has a great balance in the whole tonal gamut. It lacks a bit of resolution in the treble and bass guitar feels a tad thin. But the clean midrange and impressive dynamics – even via bluetooth – make this a great buy. If you want the same sound but with more bass, you can take a look at the big brother SB400 which has a separate subwoofer.
GET IT ON eBay!
- Current Price: $199.99
- Ends: Oct 26, 2017 5:29:09 CEST
- Current Price: $606.00
- Ends: Oct 22, 2017 8:41:33 CEST
- Current Price: $164.99
- Ends: Nov 13, 2017 2:28:45 CET
- IN ThE bOX
• Plug-and-play solution
• Central, powered soundbar speaker
• Bluetooth connectivity
• Analog and optical digital audio inputs
• Exclusive HARMAN Display Surround
• Dolby Digital decoding
• Bass boost
• Dual-position equalization
• Dual high-excursion woofers and bass port
• TV-remote “learning” capability
• 60Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)
• One 3-1/2" (89mm) cone per channel
• One 1" (25mm) dome per channel
• 60 watts peak per channel
• 100V – 240V, 50Hz/60Hz, 60W
• <0.5W (standby); 60W (maximum)
Dimensions (H x W x D):
• 4-9/16" x 35-1/2" x 4-1/16" (116 mm x 901mm x 103mm)
• 11.5 lb. (5.1kg)
- 1 Cinema SB200 system
- 1 IR remote control
- 1 power cable
- 1 optical audio cable
- 1 analog audio cable
- 1 wall-mounting bracket
- 1 warranty card
- Quick-start guide