The YSP-1400 has no display but it solves this with the remote app HT Controller for iOS and Android that gives a nice overview with a mobile phone via bluetooth. With a width of ~40 inches should go well with televisions from around 46 inches and up.
Thanks to a fairly advanced DSP the surround feeling is good when watching movies. The dynamics are very potent and the sound is loud and powerful when we watch ‘Star Trek: Into Darkness‘ on blu -ray. The sound is fuller and the dialog has better resolution than with all the cheaper sound bars we´ve tested. The bass also feels more balanced than it does with the YAS-152.
You can select the same sound modes in the YAS-152, but the YSP-1400 is the better one because of a superior DSP. It still will not be true surround sound but the sound image is big and well defined, without any significant sound character change. Even more astonishing bass can be obtained if you plug in a separate subwoofer.
Stereo music has a narrower perspective than the YAS-152, since the speaker is shorter. In return, the sound is a bit more nuanced. Again, I prefer the 'Stereo' mode more than the 'Music' mode, as the latter adds a reverb I do not like.
YSP-1400 sounds a bit better than the YAS-152, but if your TV is less than 50 inches, you can save money and buy the YAS-152. TVs that are smaller than this looks better together with the YSP-1400.
GET IT ON eBay!
- Current Price: $175.00
- Ends: Nov 26, 2017 17:48:57 CET
- Current Price: $169.99
- Ends: Dec 9, 2017 15:28:54 CET
- IN ThE bOX
- Digital Sound Projector technology delivers real surround sound
- All-in-one design keeps your room clutter-free
- Dual built-in subwoofers for deep, rich bass
- Bluetooth® wireless music streaming from a smartphone or tablet
- Easy set-up with a single-cable connection
- Free control app available for Apple® iOS and Android™ devices
- Learning feature lets you use your TV remote for power on/off and volume control
- TV Remote Repeater for reliable remote control
- Clear Voice makes dialogue easy to hear
- UniVolume™ keeps programs and ads at a consistent volume level
|Output Power||76 W total power: 2 W x 8 beam drivers + 30 W x 2 subwoofers|
|Power Consumption||24 W|
|Standby Power Consumption||0.5 W|
|Beam Drivers||1-1/8” x 8 beam drivers|
|Woofers||Dual 3-1/4” subwoofers|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||39-3/8” x 3-3/4” x 5-1/4” (With brackets: 5-1/2”)|
|Input / Output||Digital Optical||1 in|
|Digital Coaxial||1 in|
|Analog Audio||2 in (Stereo 3.5 mm, dual RCA)|
|Subwoofer Output||1 out|
|Sound Technology||Surround Technology||Digital Sound Projector|
|CINEMA DSP Movie||1|
|CINEMA DSP Music||1|
|CINEMA DSP Entertainment||2 (Sports, game)|
|Audio Formats||Dolby Digital||Yes|
|DTS||Yes (DTS Digital Surround™)|
|Connectivity||Wireless Music Streaming||Yes (With Bluetooth®)|
|Other Features||App Control||Yes|
|TV Remote Repeater||Yes|
Wall Mounting Template